Monday 19 December 2011

The Good in everything


Looking back, it was a year that had a few highlights, but wasn’t easy at all.

I had a few health problems, thank God nothing serious, but unpleasant after all, and the year round stress has taken it’s toll.

Making decisions regarding my job were more difficult than ever. Staying or leaving, I couldn’t decide. The job has it’s benefits – I could reduce my working days to 4 days a week and now I have more time to care for my Dad and I have one more day off to do what I like.

But that doesn’t really seem to solve the problem.

I wasn’t really looking forward to 2012. Until….

Last Friday I became ill with a nasty 24-hour bug. I had to leave work earlier and spent the rest of the day and almost the whole night between bed and bathroom. Not nice.

After a few hours well deserved sleep I woke up and felt calm and relaxed – strange after what I’ve been through. Suddenly I knew what I have to do and I am no longer uncertain.

My sickness came like something I needed, to make a decision. It was like a detox for body and mind. Well, some people pay a lot of money for a detox and women’s magazines are full of it in January. Hey, I had it for free.

No comments: